In recognition of becoming a BMXA accredited coach, BMX Australia provides you with professional indemnity and public liability insurance whilst you:
- Are a financial member of BMXA; and
- Conduct approved coaching programs with BMX Australia members and adhere to the 1:12 coaching ratio; and
- Conduct coaching activities that are approved by BMX Australia and adhere to the 1:12 coaching ratio; and
- Have a valid WWCC; and
- Have a valid First Aid certificate and up-to-date CPR
- BMXA recommends a minimum of three riders in a coaching session.
- When coaching under-18 riders and in conjunction with BMX Australia’s Coach’s Code of Conduct: ‘avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with any person under 18 years of age, wherever possible’.
- Coach in a traffic free environment or a suitable BMX Track for the rider’s present.
If any of the above expire or you conduct programs outside of the above parameters, BMXA insurance will NOT provide insurance coverage for you in the event of a claim against you.
Click here to find out more about BMXA’s coaching insurance coverage.