BMX Mini Wheelers becomes the new entry point into the sport for riders too young or not competent in progressing to the Sprocket program. After participating as a BMX Mini Wheeler riders would have become familiar with the BMX track and be on their way in developing their skills so that the transition to Sprockets is much easier.
In launching this new category, BMX Australia has come up with 2 ambassadors for the BMX Mini Wheelers in Dex and Lex.
Aimed at engaging with the younger age group, Dex and Lex are just like the riders themselves who will be riding in this new category. They are a fun, energetic and playful pair who love to ride their mini wheeler bikes; they love to get out on the track to develop their skills which they practice regularly so they can help their friends make the jump up to a Sprocket Rocket.
BMX MINI WHEELER GUIDELINES
- 2 years old (attained the age)
- 3 years old (year of birth)
- 4 years old (year of birth)
BMX MINI WHEELER GUIDE
- Mini Wheelers total length including wheels must not exceeded 35" (88.9cm)
- Mini Wheelers must not have pedals or cranks
- Pit bikes can be used, but must have cranks removed and not exceed 35" (88.9cm)
- The total diameter of the wheel, inflated tires included shall not exceed 13"(33.02cm)
- Long pants
- Long sleeved shirts
- Covered shoes
- Helmets (stack hats) are permitted that meet Australian standards
- Helmet straps must be securely fastened
- Must wear full fingered gloves
- All awards must be the same for each rider as per the Junior Sports Policy
- No money or gift vouchers as awards