This course is for Officials who wish to officiate at club, regional and state level events. The Level 2 Course develops a deeper knowledge of officiating including the more advanced and technical aspects of BMX. After completing this level, you will be qualified to officiate at club, regional and state level events. With the permission of the Chief Commissaire you can also officiate at national level events. The Level 2 Course is conducted by BMXA State Associations.
To become a Level 2 Official
You are required to:
- Complete the ASC On-Line Community Officiating General Principles and provide the certificate to your state association prior to attending the Level 2 Officials course.
- Attend a Level 2 Officiating Course run by your State Association where you will complete the theoretical elements of the Level 2 Course.
- Be assessed for competency on the practical elements of the Level 2 Course by an accredited Assessor in your State. Your State Association will advise of the practical assessment days as part of attending the Level 2 Course. You are required to attend a minimum of 3 practical assessments
- Sign the BMXA Officials Code of Behaviour
CLICK HERE for an information sheet about becoming a BMXA Level 2 Official.
You will be upgraded to a Provisional (Prov.) Level 2 Official once:
- Your State Association has advised BMXA that you have passed your theory component.
- BMXA has received your ASC Community Officiating General Principles Certificate.
- BMXA has received your signed Officials Code of Behaviour.
- Your WWCC is up-to-date.
- You have a current BMXA Volunteer, Open or Club membership
Upgrading your accreditation to a Prov. Level 2 acknowledges that you have attended the theory component of the Level 2 Officials accreditation, and that you are ready to commence your practical assessments.
You will be upgraded to a Level 2 Official:
Once you have attended a minimum of three practical assessments and have been assessed as ‘competent’ by your State Association assessor. The level of events required for Level 2 assessment are:
- R (Regional) or
- ST (State/Territory titles) or
- S (State Series, State Challenge, Inter-Regional, State/Territory Open) event.
Your State Association will issue you a Level 2 Officials shirt upon completion of your BMXA Level 2 Officials accreditation.
Your Level 2 accreditation is valid for four years.
NOTE: Your practical assessments must be completed within 12mths of being upgraded to a Prov. Level 2 Official or your accreditation will revert to Level 1.
All certificates and documents should be sent to email@example.com
To maintain your accreditation during your 4-year period you are required to officiate per year:
- At a minimum four Club (C), Zone (R) or Regional events (R); or
- At one State Championships event (S); or
- At one States Series, State Challenge, Inter-Regional, State/Territory Open (ST); or
- At one BMXA National Series or National Championships event.
And you must at all times
- Maintain a current BMXA Volunteer, Club or Open membership
- Have a valid WWCC from your State or Territory (or Statutory Declaration if in WA and have a child involved in BMX)
To be eligible to re-accredit as a Level 2 Official at the end of your four-years you will be required to show you have officiated at:
For all officiating enquiries that are not answered on our website, please contact BMX Australia on 02 9008 1300 or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org