BMXA appreciate the patience from members as we await confirmation of our remaining 2020 events. We now have a proposed ‘save the date’ for nationals.

As you are aware, BMXA have postponed a number of events as a result of COVID-19 and, as we have done from the outset, we continue to monitor the situation including the advice and regulations from Federal and State governments.

BMXA National Championships – BMXA now have set a proposed save the date for the rescheduled 2020 BMXA National Championships being Monday November 30 – Saturday December 5.

We have been working closely with our partners, including the Tasmanian Government, to set a date and with the existing circumstances this is the date we have arrived on.

While we are planning for the event to take place on these dates, unfortunately we are currently not in a position to say the event will go ahead with 100% certainty, so we advise members to take this into consideration when considering relevant bookings.

At this point in time, we also have no new information regarding the world championships so there is the potential for a clash in dates. If the world championships are rescheduled during the dates above, riders will have to choose between nationals or worlds.

Canberra, National Series round 3 – This event has been postponed. BMXA are investigating the options of rescheduling this event for later in the year. Further information will be disseminated once available.

Alongside the above postponed events, the following BMXA competitions remain in 2020:

Lake Macquarie, National Series round 4 – August 8th

The Cove National Series round 5 – October 24th

BMXA will continue to monitor the circumstances, in close reference to the Sport Australia Return to Sport Toolkit, before making firm decisions on the status of all of the above 2020 BMXA competitions.