With the BMXA National Championships postponed due to the spread of COVID-19, a lot of questions about what happens next have been asked. Here we try to answer the most common:
When will Nationals be on now?
- At this point in time we cannot confirm a date for nationals however we currently aiming for November 2020 (subject to change). We are working closely with the range of stakeholders and will make an announcement as soon as we can.
Where will Nationals be?
- Nationals will still be in Launceston at Launceston BMX club.
Will we receive a refund on entries? When?
- All participants will automatically receive a full refund on their entry and administration fees, and if applicable, late fees. These refunds will take some time to process with all entry fees expected to be returned within three (3) weeks. We appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused by previous communication suggesting refunds would take 7-10 days.
Will administration fees be refunded?
- All fees relating to Event entry including service/admin fees, will be refunded. Please note merchandise will not automatically be refunded.
When will nominations open again?
- Once a date is confirmed, a date for nominations opening for Oceania, Challenge and Elite classes will be confirmed. Please note, all entrants will need to re-enter, as previous entries will not be rolled over. Stay tuned to BMX Australia socials for any update.
Can I enter if I didn’t enter the first time around?
- Yes, you can. Once nominations are opened, anyone can once again enter.
What happens with pre-purchased merchandise? Can we get our money back? Can you post the merchandise?
- BMXA is currently working through the prepaid merchandise process and the distribution of such. All riders who have purchased merchandise will be emailed directly by close of business Friday 20th March with further information. For those that have not purchased items, an opportunity to purchase the remaining stock will be available once the entry portal is reopened for Nationals.
What happens with plates and Australian flag sleeves – can we keep using / wearing them?
- All current plates and Australian flag sleeves can continue to be used until the national championships in the last quarter of this year.
Are the 2020 World Championships on?
- As of Tuesday 17th March, yes. Statement from the 2020 BMX World Championships website (https://houstonbmx2020.com/)
- “At this point and time we are preparing to host the event as scheduled. With that said, as the coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns continue to escalate, the Harris County – Houston Sports Authority is working with city, state, and national health organizations to collect relevant information and diligently monitor the state of affairs. Due to the rapidly changing nature of the situation, the Sports Authority is committed to communicating with all appropriate bodies and being flexible with the planning or hosting of any future sporting events. Our number one concern is the safety of the public, whether it be the athletes, officials, or spectators. We will notify the public as soon as we have any further news or updates.”
How will selections for World Championships work?
- BMXA are working on a process for selection for the World Championships. We are waiting for further information from UCI and will release further details of the selection process as soon as it is available.
Is Round 3 of the National Series on Anzac Day? When is it on? Where?
- BMXA has also made the decision to postpone round 3 of the BMXA National Series scheduled for April 25. We are working with our colleagues in the ACT and will announce rescheduled dates as soon as available.
Can we please get an official letter from BMXA advising us of the postponement?
Will my BMXA membership be able to be extended/suspended/put on hold?
- No suspension to membership will apply – membership and the associated insurance will continue to cover individuals riding their bike daily.