BMX Australia are now officially set up with the NSW Government’s ‘Active Kids’ program initiative, which may be used to assist participation and membership costs of sports, fitness and active recreation activities.
Parents, guardians and carers of NSW of school-aged BMX members and prospective members can now apply for a voucher valued up to $100.00 per calendar year to assist with the costs of registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
VIEW FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM HERE
The program commenced on January 31, 2018 and parents, guardians and carers have until December 31 to claim and use their voucher. The voucher has been used to great effect since its introduction.
NSW South Coast parents are leading the way, with a report that parents in the region have claimed more than $350,000 since the introduction of the program. It is hoped that parents, guardians and carers of BMX riders will now take up this offer and continue to encourage a healthy lifestyle for children across the state.
Vouchers can be claimed for each student enrolled in school, and can be used at any time during the calendar year it is issued.
To be eligible for the NSW ‘Active Kids’ program, the following criteria must be met:
- Must reside in NSW; and
- Children must be aged between 4.5 and 18-years-old; and
- Student must be enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12 (including those who are home schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW); and
- Must hold a current Medicare card
BMX Australia encourages all eligible families to apply for this assistance. For details on how existing and NEW members can use Active Kids with their membership, please see the below guide:
- Apply for the voucher – CLICK HERE!
- Once successful, you will receive an email with voucher information and in that email it will have a “Voucher Number”
- You will then need to login to your BMXA Account, to login CLICK HERE (New members can register for an account at this point)
- Once logged in, go to “My Membership” and click on either “Upgrade” or “Renew” depending on your current membership/new membership.
- Follow the prompts up to the “Payment” page and there will be a section to enter the voucher called “Active Kids Voucher Number”. Please enter your voucher number here.
- Once you have entered the voucher, click “Validate Voucher” and if successful, the voucher will be applied and $100.00 will be taken off the full amount.
- For the remaining amount, this will need to be paid via a MasterCard or Visa.
- Once the payment has gone through, the membership is valid and you should receive a receipt to your email address.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
- If the membership and/or participation fees for an activity are more than $100, you will be required to pay the difference.
- If the membership and/or participation fees are less than $100 for an activity then the balance will be forfeited.
- The balance is not redeemable in cash or towards the membership and/or participation fees for another activity.
- The voucher can only be used for the named person and can only be used once.
- If you have any questions or wish to get in-touch with BMX Australia, please contact 02 9008 1300.
(COVER PIC: BMX NSW FACEBOOK PAGE – EDITORS NOTE: While we’re at it, how good is that picture?! A few faces there that have changed over the years and who have grown into great riders! Hopefully families make the most of this voucher to help their kids achieve their potential too!)