This course is targeted at the BMXA member who would like to officiate at BMXA club racing, assist at training nights and other club activities. It covers the fundamentals of officiating at a BMX track and requires candidates to read an online manual and complete and online quiz.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold a current BMXA Volunteer or Open membership – click here if you are not a current member
- Hold a Working with Children Check as per the requirements of your state or territory – click here to find out the requirements in your state/territory.
- Acknowledge the BMXA Officials Code of Behaviour (part of the Club Officials quiz).
- Note if you are in WA and have a child involved in BMX, you are exempt from obtaining a WWCC. However, BMXA requires you to sign a Statutory Declaration each year. CLICK HERE for the WA Statutory Declaration.
To become a Club Level Official – Take the online quiz
Before you take the Club Level Quiz, please make sure you are:
- A current BMX Australia Volunteer or Open member (click here to become a member); and
- Have obtained a Working with Children Check (WWCC) in your State or Territory. You can find out there requirements here; and
- Be familiar with the Officials Manual – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
NOTE: Once you take the Club Level quiz, please:
- upload your WWCC clearance by logging into your Membership Profile in MY BMX,
- click on the Officials/Coaches tab across the top and input your WWCC details, including all letters and suffixes, and upload your certificate or letter,
- your accreditation will not be valid, you will not appear on the list of accredited officials in your state or territory and you will not be covered by BMXA insurance to officiate at your Club and other BMXA events until you have uploaded your WWCC details and they have been processed by BMXA.
To take the online quiz click the button below and follow these steps:
- Log into your BMXA account
- Click on ‘Coach/Officials’ tab across the top
- Select ‘Courses’
- If you pass the quiz, you will receive an email and a certificate
- Your accreditation becomes valid once BMXA receives and processes your WWCC (please allow 7days for processing).
Once attained, your accreditation will be valid for four years during which you must maintain your BMXA membership and WWCC. If either of these expire, you will become an invalid official and not covered by BMXA insurance to officiate at your Club or other events.
To renew your accreditation at the end of your four-year period, you will be required to re-take the on-line quiz.
For all officiating enquiries that are not answered on our website, please contact BMX Australia on 02 9008 1300 or alternatively email us at email@example.com